Episode: E112 Say Sorry! – How Forced Sorries do More Harm than Good with Dr. Deborah MacNamara.
Guest(s): Dr. Deborah MacNamara, Clinical counselor, Faculty at the Neufeld Institute, Speaker, and Author
Today on ParentTalk, Geneviève and Heather are welcoming Dr. Deborah MacNamara, Clinical counselor, Faculty at the Neufeld Institute, Speaker, and Author, to talk about how forcing sorries can do more harm than good.
• What we ‘should’ do instead of making our child say sorry.
• How children become more caring.
• What we can do if our child doesn’t seem to care.
• How the digital world is causing our children to be less compassionate.
• When (age) children start to understand and show empathy towards others.
Geneviève & Heather
Be sure to check out Deborah’s New Children’s Picture Book The Sorry Plane!
Illustrated by Zoe Si